Re: Translation for W3C

From: Xueyuan Jia <xueyuan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 23:39:09 +0800
To: "Johannes C. Zeller" <jcz@jczeller.com>
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org

Dear Johannes,

Thanks for your intention.

You may want to refer to the W3C translations page below and find all
the documents that volunteers are encouraged to translate:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#docs

And you can also find those documents which have already been translated
into German:

http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Query?rec=any&lang=de&translator=any&date=any&sorting=byTechnology&output=FullHTML&submit=Submit

Besides, you may find all the details on the translation page [1].
Please see the content below as a reference to how to do the translations:

The basic "how-to" is to:
- please check whether the document you intend to translate has already
been translated
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search
- also check if there's existing intention to translate this document
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/
- If neither, please announce your intention.

* Announce your intention
- announce intention of translation to this list w3c-translators@w3.org
- copy the original document and translate it (make sure to add
lang="en-US" to any link to English material that you do not translate)
- add a disclaimer (usually near the top) to indicate that this is a
translation which may contain errors and that the normative version is
the original English document hosted at the W3C website [with a link to
the original document]
- host it on your website
- check validity [2] and links [3], and

* Announce your translation
- send the information below to w3c-translators@w3.org
   URI and title in target language
   translator's name (both in Latin and target language)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Xueyuan

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/
[2] http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/