Re: I have a plan to translate this document for Korean

From: Xueyuan Jia <xueyuan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:52:35 +0800
To: 이원석(Wonsuk Lee) <wonsuk.lee@w3.org>, 노현식 <gom105mari@gmail.com>
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org, 조은 <apes0123@gmail.com>, Seungyun Lee <syl@w3.org>, Kangchan Lee <chan@w3.org>, 류지웅 KIPFA <rjiwoong@kipfa.or.kr>, tysonista@gmail.com

On 2015/12/10 23:02, "이원석(Wonsuk Lee)" wrote:
> 안녕하세요. 현식님, 태영님.
> 먼저 W3C 스펙 한글화 작업을 지원해 주셔서 감사합니다^^ 한글화 작업과 관
> 련해서 현재까지 한글화된 문서들[1]을 참고해서 작업을 하시면 도움이 될 것
> 같습니다..
> 특히 최근에 한글화에 가장 많은 기여를 해주신 조은님의 스펙 번역 결과물
> [2]을 참조하시면 기본적으로 어떻게 번역을 했는지 참고가 많이 되실 것 같
> 습니다.
>
> @조은님, 혹시 추가적인 한글화 팁이 있으시면 공유부탁드립니다~^^
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Lists/ListLang-ko.html
> <http://techhtml.github.io/>
> [2] http://techhtml.github.io/

Hi 원석,

Thank you for your kind explanation and we appreciate it very much.:)

> 이원석 드림.
>

>> 2015. 12. 9., 오후 11:16, 노현식 <gom105mari@gmail.com
>> <mailto:gom105mari@gmail.com>> 작성:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I(Hyunsik Noh) and Taeyoung Son(tysonista@gmail.com
>> <mailto:tysonista@gmail.com>) have a plan to translate "Packaged Web
>> Apps (Widgets)" document(http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/) for Korean.
>>
>> This is our first translating, so we need helpful instructions and guides.
>>
>> Thanks you.

Hi, Hyunsik and Taeyoung,

Thanks for being willing to translate W3C documents.

You may find all the details on the translation page [1], and you can
also see the content below as a reference:

The basic "how-to" is to:
- please check whether the document you intend to translate has already
been translated
  http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#search
- also check if there's existing intention to translate this document
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/
- If neither, please announce your intention.

* Announce your intention
- announce intention of translation to this list w3c-translators@w3.org
- copy the original document and translate it (make sure to add
lang="en-US" to any link to English material that you do not translate)
- add a disclaimer (usually near the top) to indicate that this is a
translation which may contain errors and that the normative version is
the original English document hosted at the W3C website [with a link to
the original document]
- host it on your website
- check validity [2] and links [3], and

* Announce your translation
- send the information below to w3c-translators@w3.org
  URI and title in target language
  translator's name (both in Latin and target language)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Xueyuan

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/
[2] http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/