Re: Updated article: Why use the language attribute?

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 21:34:39 +1100
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
(bcc: W3C Translators)

> [1] http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-why

These are all valid points; then I’m wondering, why are both
server-side language annotations, which are easiest to set and more
maintainable, not mentioned, and generally no cons [2] listed, either?
One could, tongue in cheek, argue that the very conclusion holds true
for the reverse, that is, if authors avoided using @lang, vendors
would be forced to become better at detecting it. :)

I remember and appreciate our fruitful conversations from the past, so
I’m only sharing this to consider what may be a more balanced view.

[2] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20140825/html-and-language/

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/http://coderesponsibly.org/