Re: Translations of W3C documents not working?

Dear Antoine,

Please, see below.

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:34:57 +0200, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> On 7/30/13 10:54 PM, Coralie Mercier wrote:
[...]
>> Hi Antoine,
>>
>> Thanks for your patience. The issues were investigated yesterday and
>> today.
>> What was fixable is now fixed.
>>
>> So, because the document is a W3C Recommendation, the following query
>> now works again:
>>    http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=skos-reference
>>
>> The two other URIs you reported earlier this month used to work when
>> our Translations DB contained all sorts of documents. Since then made a
>> policy decision [1] not to support translations of non-REC documents
>> anymore.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Coralie
>>
>> [1]
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2012JulSep/0038.html
>>

> Hi Coralie,
>
> Thanks for you feedback.
> I have to say I'm quite disappointed. I can understand that you would
> stop gathering translations, there can indeed be quality problems and
> W3C is not a translation agency. But removing the existing translations
> is a bit harsh! Actually [1] does no say the old ones would be removed.
>
> So now I guess I will have to update the two "community" sites for SKOS
> and LLD:
> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/translations
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Main_Page
> in order not to lose track of these translations. In the library domain
> it's often well seen to have translations, and now that people have put
> effort in it they wouldn't understand if they are not pointed to anymore.
>
> My problem is that I don't have the URLs.

I find the Archive of Translation Announcements is a useful index:
   http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/Archive.html

> I guess I could search for them in the listserv, but I really don't have
> time, and I suspect that they are in one of the three files below
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/RDFData/Trans2011.rdf
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/RDFData/Trans2012.rdf
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/RDFData/Trans2013.rdf
> Is it possible to have access to them?

Yes. The access is now fixed, they were expected to be world-readable (and
probably were at some point), this is now the case again.

> I can get other RDF files at
> http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/byTechnology?technology=skos-primer
> but strangely these three are the only ones for which I don't seem to
> have permissions!

In your specific case, the only ones in the system are:

http://skos.um.es/TR/skos-primer/
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ax2s-kmtn/internet/skos/note-skos-primer-20090818.html

--
  Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org