Re: Russian translation of Library Linked Data Incubator Group Final Report

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:12:44 +0200
To: "w3c-translators@w3.org" <w3c-translators@w3.org>, "saveliev@prlib.ru" <saveliev@prlib.ru>
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 21:58:32 +0200, saveliev@prlib.ru <saveliev@prlib.ru>
wrote:

> Dear Translators,
>
> We are linked open data working group at the Presidential Library of
> Russian Federation. We want to start translation of  Library Linked Data
> Incubator Group Final Report
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/XGR-lld-20111025/ into Russian.  I
> am not sure whether it is a Technical Report or other type of document
> as W3C Intellectual Property FAQ states so do we have to ask for
> permission or not.. I searched the database, there is no such
> translation if I did it right. Of course we agree with the terms in IP
> FAQ and will include appropriate copyright notices and links in the
> translation.
>
> With best regards,
> Denis A. Saveliev
> PhD in Law, Seniour researcher, Presidential Library

Dear Denis

Thank you for writing.

You are welcome to translate the report, but please, bear in mind that it
isn't a Technical Report, so we would not add it to the Translations
Database.

If you proceed with the translation, you can then announce it as a "For
your information" on this mailing list.

  Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33643220001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/