RE: Urdu Completed translation

Note that the characters in the non-Arabic text in most  of the green panel
runs in the wrong direction in Internet Explorer (I'm using v8). I couldn't
figure out why, in the time I had available.  (I'm wondering whether there
is some CSS using direction in one of the style sheets applied to the page.)

In addition, when I view with Firefox, code such as

<dd><a
href="http://www.deltadebtmanagement.com/followlink.asp?l=ar.html.net/tutori

is incorrectly displayed, in that (CSS Tutorial) appears in between the Urdu
word and the CSS word. An &rlm; is needed between CSS and (CSS Tutorial).

Also I would have expected the style sheets to be changed so that
font-family tries to use an Arabic-script font, not Gill Sans, and,
especially since this is Urdu, a couple of the more popular Unicode-based
nastaliq fonts would be good initial values.

Bert, I would suggest, btw, that anyone proposing to translate into a
language based on a right-to-left script should be asked to first ensure
that they are familiar with the ideas in the following articles:

Creating HTML Pages in Arabic, Hebrew and Other Right-to-left Scripts

http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/bidi-xhtml/

Authoring HTML: Handling Right-to-left Scripts

http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-bidi/

Hope that helps,

RI

Richard Ishida