RE: standard practice for links in translated documents

Ivan wrote:

> Absolutely. And... we are working on this! The goal is to have a separate
> category of
> translations, that have to go through some more rigorous check by the
> community, but which
> would then be stored on our site and would thereby gain a more 'official'
> status. We are
> working and checking the details of such a policy and we hope to make it
> public within a
> few weeks. Note that the current style of translations would also remain,
> it will be the
> choice of the translators or the institutions behind them to decide
> whether they want to
> go through the extra steps to 'officialize' these translations.

Thank you Ivan.  I think that this is very interesting news and that such an
initiative would further enable W3C to lead by example with regards to its
own definition of universal access.  I will look forward to hearing more
about this.

Best regards,

Catherine

--