Re: XHTML Basic into Russian

Hello Alex,

Many thanks for your translation.

At 19:38 02/05/10 +0400, Alexander Savenkov wrote:
>Hello translators, Martin, Stefan,
>
>XHTML Basic in Russian is available at:
>http://w3.hotbox.ru/TR/2000/REC-xhtml-basic-20001219
>(including text-only, zip, and gzip'ed tar versions, missing
>Postscript and PDF versions)
>
>The list of terms/abbreviations/acronyms is located at:
>http://w3.hotbox.ru/TR/2000/REC-xhtml-basic-20001219/glossary.html

This is very nice.

>The above-mentioned list is linked from the spec itself and included
>into zip and gzip archives (I specified that it's not a part of the
>spec).

I think this last part is not done sufficiently clearly. The
page definitely should not have the W3C Recommendation logo
on the upper right corner. And the title should be reversed,

<h1>Glossary for the Russian Translation</h1>
<h2>for XHTML Basic</h2>

or so.

>The glossary also includes the acknowledgments section where you can
>find out how many people were bothered by me. See:
>http://w3.hotbox.ru/TR/2000/REC-xhtml-basic-20001219/glossary.html#acks
>
>I used the following techniques to handle names and acronyms (already
>discussed on the list): 1) The first appearance of every name is followed
>by its original form in English; 2) The first appearance of important
>abbrs/acronyms is followed by Russian explanation; 3) Every acronym
>and abbreviation is inluded into the glossary.
>
>Martin, could you check the disclosure about the only normative
>version, etc.? Is it ok not to have it in the header but just after
>the copyright notice?

Having it after the copyright isn't the best solution, but it's
okay.

By the way, most of the Cyrillic letters at the top of the glossary
look like links but don't go anywhere. That may be confusing.

Regards,    Martin.