Re: Fwd: Tooooo long someone help

I hope this helps.

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#annotate
5.8 Can I annotate one of your specifications?

There are two types of annotations mechanisms: (1) those that do not require
the copying and modification of the document being annotated (e.g., an
external service stores annotations that identify their target via XPointer)
and (2) those that are created by copying and modifying the document itself
(e.g., the file is copied and modified and the annotations are included
in-line but differentiated using CSS). Annotations of the first type are
links to the W3C site, which is permitted as l ong as those links do not
misrepresent the document, it's status, and relation to the W3C.

Annotations of the second (including the reorganization and excerption of
copyrighted material) are derivitive works and are covered by a policy much
like the translation policy. You may make a copy of our specification and
annotate it only if you comply with the following requirements:

At 09:51 1/15/2001 +0900, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
>Hello Joseph,
>
>Any idea of how to split the sentence below? It doesn't have to
>be done immediately, but I would appreciate if you would fix
>it when you do the next update of that document.
>
>>Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 08:51:24 +0900
>>To: w3c-translators@w3.org
>>From: Omoti <omoti@n24.net> (by way of "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>)
>>Subject: Tooooo long someone help
>
>>Hi Translators.
>>
>>I am translating
>>Intellectual Property FAQ
>>http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html
>>
>>and have encountered a very long sentence.
>>
>>My small brain can not understand the meaning.
>>
>>Someone please explain me what the sentence is trying to say.
>>

>>Annotation systems which do not require the
>>source document to be copied or changed in anyway by the
>>annotator are not covered by this answer unless the display
>>resulting from their implementation is likely to lead to
>>misrepresentations or confusion regarding the technical content
>>and STATUS of a W3C document.
>> >

>>Thank you.
>>
>>Omoti
>>http://www.net24.ne.jp/~omoti/