Re: JIS/TR of CSS1

At 19:07 98/08/26 +0900, Yushi Komachi wrote:

> I am a chair of a committee in INSTAC/JSA (Japan Standardization
> Institution). MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Japan)
> appreciated the large prevalence of CSS1 developed by W3C and instructed
> the committee to translate it into Japanese Language and draft JIS/TR
> (Technical Report) on CSS1.

> JIS/TR is almost similar to ISO/TR, and it means that Japan (or Japanese
> government) authorizes and approves the technical specification.
>
> So, I would like to ask you to permit the translation of CSS1 and
> publication of the TR/CSS1.

According to the current W3C rules, translation is automatically permitted
once you send a notice to this list. [but the permission could be retracted
later in case we would find that something is wrong]

> Note: The translation quality is checked and controlled by Dr. Martin
> Duerst, W3C Keio University, Japan. I have the experience to translate the
> XML to publish TR/XML, being assisted by him.

I have to make a slight correction here: W3C staff does not have time to
do any kind of quality check on translations. We might occasionally have
a look at a translation, or somebody else might, and if we find errors,
or we learn about errors, we will ask for correction.

But anyway, I know that you have a long experience in translating such
documents, and that you and your comitee are working very carefully,
so I don't see any problems.

Regards,   Martin.