Re: Complain

At 08:43 98/08/25 +0800, Yule Show wrote:
> I visit the W3C site again and again and again, and write to this
> address again and again and again.

Hello Yule,

[I have reduced the cc to w3c-translators@w3.org.]

I also apologize for the problems at W3C. Can you tell me when you
wrote, and to whom (if possible in private)? This is the first time
I have seen a message from you on w3c-translators@w3.org, which is
the official mailing list for translations.

> Last year, I remember it was July 9. I found html 4.0 draft in W3C site,
> then I translated it. To last July 31, I finished it, and send the
> compressed Chinese version to W3C.

The working draft you mention has been replaced by the actual HTML
4.0 recommendation, and is not available anymore from the
http://www.w3.org/TR/ page. This may give problems. Have you
seen the HTML 4.0 Recommendation? Are you planning to update
your translation?

> Later, I put the Chinese version to my own site, that is
> http://makesure.ml.org/.

I have had a look at this site. As far as I understand, the
actual translation is at http://makesure.ml.org/html40/cover.html.
Is this correct?

> But until now, there is only my name on the
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html40-updates/translations.html page, but with
> no link to the particular location.

I'm sure we can fix this problem very soon.

Regards,   Martin.