Re: 3.1 b-h: BEHAVIOR

At 03:23 PM 03/02/97 +0700, James Clark wrote:
>- I'm not convinced that all combinations of SHOW and ACTUATE make sense,
>for example, SHOW=REPLACE ACTUATE=AUTO.

Ithought that too, but then realized that is essentially the behavior that
"forwarding" links on the WEb have: they show you a screen saying the data
has moved, then take you there automatically. NOt my favorite behavior for a
link in principle, but we get an existing feature for free.

>- I think PUSH is on a slightly different axis.  If I can have SHOW=NEW and
>ACTUATE=PUSH, which presumably means the browser pops up a new window
>automatically and then keeps refreshing it, why can't I also have something
>that means the browser pops up a new windows when the user asks and then
>keeps refreshing it.  PUSH seems to be saying something about the volatility
>of resource which is a different issue from what the appropriate behaviour
>is for links to the resource.

Hmmmm. Interesting point.