Re: Couldn't XML allow and ignore omitted tag minimization

Steve Pepper wrote:

> At 20:28 02.03.97 +0100, Jon Bosak (on behalf of Paul Grosso) wrote:
> > Can we reconsider allowing the omitted tag minimization in element
> > declarations in XML?
> >
> > paul

The only thing that bothers me about this is an active feature
required of a system to ignore what it cannot use.  OTH, that is
precisely
how many features are implemented either for compatibility (do nothing),
or when that feature is finally implemented (stub).  We do this
with tags we don't recognize in our stylesheets, so the
concept is not foreign to implementors or hard to explain.

I agree that this should be reconsidered.

Len Bullard