Re: IDs - make them case sensitive

> From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>

> <!DOCTYPE MyDoc [
>  <!ENTITY Clause6.2 SYSTEM
"http://www.drmacro.com/hythtml/clause6.2.html"
>    CDATA SGML >
> ]>
> <mydoc>
for more
> about object representation in HyTime.
> </para>
> </mydoc>

I think  "entity::idref"  is a different type of thing to
"namespace::name", and I'd prefer to see  "entity+idref",
which I think was Martin's original delimiter.

I think we can use "::" to mean a document-level namespace
delimiter. In other words, FOO::BAR means that I have,
notionally, imported an element set from somewhere and given
it the prefix FOO for unique-izing names. The document has
several namespaces, FOO is one of them.

The "+" is an inter-document namespace delimiter. So JANES+SUBS
would mean in the document with entity name JANES, the ID SUBS.

If we make these type of conventions now (in particular the "::"
namespace::name delimiter) it will give people a lot to go with.

I don't think we need the "+" form in XML because
	<link	  refid="xxx+zzz"  />
we can already do with
	<link   href="&xxx;#zzz" />

> Note that in HyTime (and DSSSL), name-space addressing is generalized
such
> that you can do indirect addressing of names in any name space in any
> grove. To address db-name names indirectly in HyTime I would use the
> "name-space location address"
> (www.drmacro.com/hythtml/clause-7.3.html#clause-7.9.3) element form
like so:

> <nmsploc id=part-102345-ABC namespace="db-names">102345-ABC</>

Nice.

Rick Jelliffe