Re: IDs - make them case sensitive

Paul Prescod wrote:
>Is there a good argument why IDs should have different naming rules than
>GIs, attributes and entities?

Is there a good reason why they can't all be different?  I have never
understood why I have had to make unreasonable things permissable in GIs
just so that I could have entity names that mapped reasonably to the names
in, for example, a graphics management system.

I want to be able to declare separate rules for GIs, IDs, attributes, and
entities.  I don't think I'll really want to make them all different very
often, but I do want to be able to.  It just doesn't seem reasonable that
they should all have to be the same - they describe different types of
information and interact differently with the external world.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                     Phone: 301/231-6934
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.           Fax: 301/231-6935
6010 Executive Blvd., Suite 608    E-mail: btusdin@mulberrytech.com
Rockville, MD  20852                  WWW: http://www.mulberrytech.com