Re: Meaning of normative references [was: Update on namespaces]

David put forth a conjecture:

	IF XML cites ISO8879 normatively,
	THEN implementors of XML are implementors
		of ISO8879, and hence may need to consult
		that spec.

You claimed the conjecture is false, and I have asked
you to defend your position. I'll ask one more time. If
I get rhetoric in return this time, I'll just dismiss it;
I encourage others to do the same.

Sometimes I find your rhetoric entertaining. But this
is one of the few black and white issues around, and I
don't appreciate your rhetorical answer.

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/