RE: !BEHAVIOR

At 21:15 11/6/97 -0500, David G. Durand wrote:
>>There are many other cases where you need to invoke some outside interpreter
>>to be able to understand what an element represents.
>exactly, and currently it's a processing decision -- if you're not doing
>_any_ procressing, then syntactic restrictions on the values don't really
>matter.

Are you claiming that an XML browser isn't doing _any_ processing? I thought
that one of the things that distiguished XML applications from SGML parsers
was that the XML application would always have some way of presenting the
parsed data to the receiver:-)
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/