Re: KISS (was: Parameter entity references in WF docs)

Alex Milowski wrote:

> Some will use SGML, others will not.  Developers will wonder what we were
> thinking not allowing them to include "modules" *in* XML.

Why can the doctype itself not be considered a module?

> I feel strongly that we should leave them in.
>
> Simplicity does not always equal functionality.

True but it goes a long way toward first pass
implementation simplicity and as stated, "training wheels"
DTDs.  I don't find PEs hard; just rugs for hiding
domain messiness.

However, I like Dan Connolly's suggestion about functionality
beyond "pastie thingies" and think that should be
considered before a final decision about PEs is made.
This may be a very golden opportunity.

len