Re: 3.2 c-d Content of linking elements?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:31:36 GMT
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Oops, too late I realise I'm not clear on the space of link element
types.  Are there two, namely 'XML Analogue of HTML "<A"' and
'generalized multilink'?  Or three, those two plus 'general link'?
I'm assuming two only, as before, when they were called in-line link
and [I forget].

>  3.2.c Should we provide a content model for general links, and if locators
>  live in subelements, for them?

Yes for subelements of general link ELEMENTS, no for the rest of the content.

>  3.2.d Should we allow these links to contain anything other than the PCDATA
>  and,
>  perhaps locator subelements?

Yes, by parity of argument with in-line links.

ht