Re: SDATA [was: Re: SERIOUS concerns about implementation]

At 01:23 PM 2/20/97 EST, lee@sq.com wrote:
>Once this has been done for the (large) subset of ISO entities supported by
>Unicode, you'll just refer to the new public IDs and through the unspecified
>magic of CATALOGs everything will work :-)

I question your use of "large" here, Lee. I made some preliminary looks
into this late last year and my impression was that Unicode had support
for just over *half* of the ISO SDATA entities.

I suppose you could still call that "large," but it seems rather misleading.

Yes, I've seen lots of hand-waving on Unicode's private use areas, but on
that issue I'll claim to be from Missouri--I'll believe it when I see it.

bob

Robert Streich				streich@slb.com
Schlumberger					voice: 1 512 331 3318
Austin Research				fax:   1 512 331 3760