Re: Java-based XML browser and implementation comments

At 20:53 19/02/97 +0000, Peter Murray-Rust wrote:
[...]
>on the fly.  Is there a tool which 'normalises' DTDs (i.e. resolves
>all the parameter entities) and outputs a 'processed' DTD?  (While I'm
>on that, is there a tool which can parse the DTD so it can be used by a
>program?).

Yes, NORMDTD by Richard Light. DOS program, some small bugs, but it
flattened the whole of the TEI for me, which was massive. Copy at
ftp://ota.ox.ac.uk/pub/ota/TEI/software/normdtd1.exe

The output of some linemode parsers (eg sgmls and sp) was in part
designed for input into subsequent processors, I think.

///Peter
--
> to discover 1000s of internal "homepages" that grew overnight
> like magic mushrooms on a rich motherlode of corporate horseshit.
                          Copyright 1996, IBM.  All Rights Reserved