Re: Section 0: Naming

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 13:06:01 -0800
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
CC: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM
[Eve Maler:]

| I like Hyper-XML -- a lot! -- as the short name, and Hypertext Enabled
| XML as the long name.  In fact, for the short version, HyperXML
| spelled solid, without the hyphen, looks even better.

But Hyper-XML implies a complete language spec, and Hypertext Enabled
XML says that directly.  We're not working right now on a spec of the
complete language, just the module that addresses linking.  The name
has to be a name for that module, not a name for the whole thing.

You could call this "Hypertext enabling syntax for XML".  But I'd
rather just call it XML-link.

Jon