Re: 1.4 c: Basic Terminology

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 14:44:37 EST
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
 >    I think terminus is a good word...

I have no particular problem with railway analogies -- the terminus
is the main station where the traincomes in, and has to go out backwards.

The plural may be either termini or terminuses -- both are accepted,
at least in British English [1].

The word also has some other, less familiar meanings.  Well, maybe people
in America are less familiar with the obvious railway meaning?  Would
"airport" be a better name instead?

Lee

[1] Longman, dict. of the Eng. lang., 1991