Re: 1.4 a-c: Basic Terminology

At 6:29 AM 2/1/97, Martin Bryan wrote:
>NB: The last part of this will need to change when we realise that we
>absolutely need to address things at a lower level than SGML containers, but
>that argument seems to have been lost for this month!

  No, No. That's one of the things that _will_ change between draft and
final draft. Throwing out span termini is a terrible idea, that makes it
impossible for XML linking to deal with non-XML data. A prescription for
misery, I think.

  We _must_ have sub-element addressing. If this was not pushed hard before
the draft, it was because few people seriously advocated leaving it out, I
thought.