Re: C.4 Undeclared entities?

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 22:50:39 -0600
To: lee@sq.com, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Len Bullard wrote:

>  In our framework,
> we assume XML is an SGML subset so unless that changes, support will
> mainly be some smaller versions of existing handlers.

If there is no doctype, we default to a tag scanner.  We note the
solution is not robust when faced with infinite diversity in
infinite combination... but it beats issuing a kneecap wedgie.
In IDE/AS, if the user does not specify a stylesheet, we
use a default stylesheet that is rather ugly to look at in
all but the simplest cases.

len