Re: D.3 ANY-ELEMENT element-declaration keyword?

At 2:09 PM 10/24/96, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>On 30 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
>question.  A straw poll indicates the question needs further
>discussion in the work group.
>
>D.3 Should XML specify short-hand element declaration keywords (e.g.
>%ANY-ELEMENT;) for element content in which any element in the DTD
>is legal (same as ANY, but element not mixed content)?

This does not seem extremely useful to me... We allowed ANY, partly to ease
the job of XML DTD generators. This does not server that purpose, as far as
I can tell, nor does it lead to better DTDs, as far as I can tell.

I say let users make this if they need it.

   -- David

RE delenda est.
http://www.dynamicdiagrams.com/services_map_main.html