Re: ERB decisions on A.17, B.9, and other questions

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 96 01:50:26 EDT
To: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM, w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> [...] There is no requirement that every XML application support
> stylesheets,

Thanks for the clarification.

> but ones that do support stylesheets are expected to be
> using DSSSL for this purpose. See
>    http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/SGML/Activity
> where "public text and extensions needed to apply the DSSSL stylesheet
> language" is listed as the third phase of this activity [...]

That the XML list is scheduled to discuss how to use DSSSL with XML
does not in and of itself preclude the use of other style sheet
or formatting mechanisms with XML, though.

Which is not to say that I am suggesting that CSS be used particularly.

Let's note that style sheets are optional (good!) and move on... :-)

Lee