Re: C.6 multiple declarations of same element?

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 96 22:40:51 EDT
To: Charles@sgmlsource.com, U35395@UICVM.UIC.EDU
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
> >C.6 Should XML retain SGML's prohibition on multiple declarations for
> >the same element (11.2.1)?
>
> Yes. XML DTDs should be really, really simple.

I'm not sure that any significant complexity is added, especially since the
only content model allowed is a repeatable or group (right?).

A second declaration merrely adds to the or-group.

If my understanding on this is right, by the way, then the
non-determinisitic content models have already become a non-issue.
You can't have ambiguity in a model of the form
    (#PCDATA|a|b|c....)

Lee