Re: C.13 Multiple ID and NOTATION attributes?

From: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:12:05 +0100
To: W3C SGML Working Group <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
At 07:32 PM 17/10/96 +0100, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>On 23 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
>question.  A straw poll indicates the ERB is leaning to no.
>
>C.13 Should XML remove SGML's prohibition on multiple ID or NOTATION
>attributes on the same element (11.3.3)?

Note that a Yes vote for this would clash with the idea of a fixed name for ids.
I think this one has to be No for consistency, even though I hate the idea
of having to force Tamils to using a rude word to identify anything in XML!
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/