Re: B.1 and B.2 results

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@ebt.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:49:47 -0400
To: dgd@cs.bu.edu
CC: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
>I don't have a problem with allowing hacks to determine the character set

I have no problem with *allowing* them, but I have a very large
problem with *requiring* or *promotong* them, to the point of
basically excluding anything more reasonable.

I think your compromise is reasonable, and I am willing to compromise.
I am not willing to give into the ERB deciding to *promote* a hack
when more suitable mechanisms exist, *and* are widely deployed.