Re: C.7 inclusions and exclusions?

At 1:21 PM 10/17/96, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>On 23 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
>question.  A straw poll indicates the ERB is leaning to eliminating
>both inclusion and exclusion exceptions.
>
>C.7 Should XML prohibit the use of inclusion and exclusion exceptions
>in element declarations? (11.2.4, 11.2.5)?

No.

The only problem I ever saw with them was the whitespace stuff, and we're
going to fix that otherwise anyway, right?

Inclusions can make things hard to format, but what is the problem with
exclusions?

I think we should have both, or maybe just exclusions, but not none.

What I'd really like is a "one-level" inclusion so that I could declare an
element and say that it should be included anywhere in the immediate
content of another element. I _know_ we're not going to do that one.

http://www.dynamicdiagrams.com/services_map_main.html