Re: B.11 Empty end-tags?

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 21:08:49 -0700, bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
wrote:

>Guarantee that all end tags contain the GI, and you enable incredibly
>powerful operations to be performed on arbitrarily large collections
>of documents from a single Korn shell command line.  Take away that
>guarantee, and suddenly you have to maintain a stack.

I don't disagree with requiring all end-tags to contain the element type name.
However, you'll still have to maintain a stack because, for example, OLs can
nest in LIs, so you can't simply scan for the next </OL> to match a given <OL>.
--
Charles F. Goldfarb * Information Management Consulting * +1(408)867-5553
           13075 Paramount Drive * Saratoga CA 95070 * USA