note on the meaning of 'Yes'

From: Michael Sperberg-McQueen <U35395@UICVM.CC.UIC.EDU>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 96 18:40:38 CDT
To: W3C SGML Working Group <w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org>
Along about question A22, it occurred to me that my boiler-plate
phrase "the ERB is now leaning to Yes" was not necessarily clear when
the question is phrased as a negative proposition like "XML will have no
bananas."  Does 'Yes' mean 'yes it will too have bananas!' or the
opposite?

In the boilerplate phrase, 'Yes' means 'in favor of the position or
state of affairs described in the proposition', as in 'yes, XML will
have no bananas.'

Sorry for any confusion.

-CMSMcQ