Re: Shortrefs fatally flawed

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 96 18:55:29 EDT
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org, jenglish@crl.com
> BTW, do many parsers support extending the short
> reference delimiter set?  I know SP does, and SGMLS
> does not.

No SoftQuad product supports short references (or datatag) today.
There are no plans, as far as I know, to add that functionality,
although I wouldn't necessarily know if there were.

SoftQuad Explorer and Panorama do not support minimisation; if there
are no EMPTY elements (and no CONREF), Panorama does not need a DTD; the
parser it uses is not a validating SGML parser.  It is not sensitive to
RS/RE and/or white space -- and displays tables just fine :-)

Lee

--
Liam Quin, SoftQuad Inc.    | lq-text freely available Unix text retrieval
lee@sq.com  +1 416 544-9000 | FAQs: Metafont fonts, OPEN LOOK UI, OpenWindows