Re: Agenda for RDFCore Telecon 20030130

Brian McBride wrote:

> Time:
> 10:00:00 Fri Jan 30 2004 in America/New York duration 60 minutes

snip

> 7: Rec Docs sanity check
>
> General: change logs
>          link references
>
> Primer:    Editors Draft is final - ready to go?

Draft (the pre-publication Recommendation version) and have found a few
glitches (or possible glitches):

1.  The boilerplate just before the Abstract says "The English version
of this specification is the only normative version."  But the Primer
isn't normative.  Is this a problem?

2.  Similarly, under "Status of this Document", the second para says "It
is a stable document and may be used as reference material or cited as a
normative reference from another document".  I know this is boilerplate,
but once again, the Primer isn't normative.

3.  Under "Status of this Document", the URLs in the "set of six" cited
are not the staged URIs, and so the global replace presumably won't find
these.  NB: This also seems to be true of the other documents where this
boilerplate is used (so far, I've seen it in Concepts and Syntax).

4.  "Status of this Document" only cites changes since the PR working
draft.  (a) Are the other change log entries to be deleted?  (b) If so,
there are anchors in the text that some of these entries point to (to
highlight where the changes were made).  Should those anchors be removed
or left in place (IOW, how clean do you want the source to be)?

5.  In Section 2.1 (and also in Appendix B) the URL that "Extensible
Markup Language" points to is a dated version of the XML spec, but not
the dated version cited in the references.  So the URL will have to
either be updated or removed (leaving just the pointer to the [XML]
reference).

6.  In the Normative References, the "cite" URL for RDF Concepts points
to the 12/15 WD rather than being a staged URI, so the global replace
won't find this.

--Frank