Re: Heads up: RFC2996bis, possible problem for RDF

At 10:51 19/02/04 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>>I agree with Graham that this is a potentially serious problem that we
>>should nip in the bud. I also would like to be a co-signatory on the
>>proposed textual changes; Graham, please include me. I particularly like
>>the inclusion of the phrase " for purposes of retrieval" as it
>>acknowledges that URIs have other purposes.
>>Pat
>
>It's looking like we should make a formal comment as a WG ... what's the
>timescale?

A formal comment as such has no special weight in the IETF process.

The URI mailing list may not be a formal IETF working group, but it is
planning to make a submission for IETF publication, so I'd imagine the IETF
modus operandi will be predominant.

I suggest we make an less-formal response for now (e.g. per [1]), and if a
problem remains when the draft goes to IETF last-call, we may consider
something more collective.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Feb/0061.html

As for timescales:  Roy mentioned requesting IETF last-call in two
weeks.  The IETF last-call for a non-working-group specification is 4
weeks.  In practice, I expect we have a bit longer because of a forthcoming
IETF meeting.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: