Re: Fwd: Re: comments on 26 September version of RDF Semantics document

>On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 09:27, Brian McBride wrote:
>>  Dan Connolly wrote:
>>  > On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 05:00, Graham Klyne wrote:
>>
>>  [...]
>>
>>  >
>>  > Moreover, I maintain that horn rules is a correct implementation
>>  > strategy, and I consider anything to the contrary a bug.
>>  > While I'd rather that were stated in so many words in the spec,
>>  > I'm willing to accept that the burden is on me (and like-minded
>>  > reviewers) to find any such bugs. I'm fairly confident
>>  > there aren't any.
>>
>>  Dan,
>>
>>  Can I take that as an indication that you will not oppose making the
>>  entailment rules non-normative?
>
>Er... be careful what you ask for.
>
>If you put the question (again), I may very well take a strong
>stand in favor of making them normative.
>
>So don't do that. ;-)
>
>The record doesn't compel the editor to make them normative.
>
>The record apparently disagrees with the memory of serveral of us,
>but all of us had a chance (and an obligation) to correct
>the record and we did not.
>
>I trust the editors (both the series editor and the
>semantics editor) to do something reasonable.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I will proceed to do something reasonable.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell