Re: 2396bis

I interpret this as a proposal to remove test case

   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/xmlbase/test012

which I suggest we discuss at today's telecon.

A possible response to the commentor might be:

[[
Thank you for pointing out this proposed change to RFC 2396 which we had
been unaware of.

RDFCore have resolved to remove this test case.

RDFCore would advise implementors that consume RDF that the RDFCore
specs are based on RFC 2396, a strict interpretation of which states
that URI's with too many ".."'s in their path are an error, though many
URI implementations correct that error and RFC 2396bis proposes to
require that correction.  Implementors are free to choose whether to
strictly comply with RFC 2396 or be more liberal.

RDFCore advises implementors and content creators that produce RDF that
creating URI's with too many ".."'s in their path is inadvisable and may
lead to interoperability problems.
]]

Brian