Re: Semantics Spanner

Here's the problem text:

[[
A D-interpretation which also satisfies the following condition is called
an interpretation which is datatyped with respect to D:

if I(aaa) is in ICEXT(I(rdfs:Datatype)) then <aaa, I(aaa)> is in D

This condition recognizes membership in the class rdfs:Datatype as a
sufficient condition for being a datatype, providing a simple form of
'declaration' for a datatype in RDFS. Thus, a graph which entails a triple
of the form

<ex:somedatatype> rdf:type rdfs:Datatype .

can be understood as asserting that "ex:somedatatype" denotes a datatype
which is mapped from this URIref by the datatype map of any satisfying
interpretation. Such an assertion does not in itself provide the
information necessary to check that a graph actually satisfies the other
semantic conditions, however. We will say that such a datatype URIref is
recognized by the graph. The semantic conditions for rdfs-interpretations
require the built-in datatype URIref 'rdf:XMLLiteral' to be recognized.
]]

I suspect occams razor can be applied liberally.

Here is the entailment proof:

xsd:int rdf:type rdf:Datatype .

is true in no { <rdf:XMLLiteral, XMLLiteral> } interpretations

thus

by reduction ad absurdum

xsd:int rdf:type rdf:Datatype .
{ <rdf:XMLLiteral, XMLLiteral> }-entails
nonsense nonsense nonsense .

Jeremy