Re: resolving some semantics issues

Pat,

Thanks for these.

At 16:45 14/05/2003 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>re. issue pfps-01, I propose that we accept it, and note that it has been
>addressed by the following text (between **-**):
>The datatype map which also contains the set of all pairs of the form
>< http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#sss , sss>, where sss is a built-in
>datatype **which has well-defined lexical and value spaces and a
>lexical-to-value mapping and** is named sss in XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes
>[XML-SCHEMA2], eg decimal, string, is referred to here as XSD.
>]]

That's in
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#dtype_interp

Looks good to me.  Comments folks?

jjc - are you planning to do anything about my suggestion of a note in
concepts about what datatypes don't work?

>re. issue pfps-03, I propose that we not accept it and note that the
>purpose of the appendix is informative (for a certain class of readers)
>rather than definitive. The document states:
>
>"The editor believes that both of these descriptions, and also the closure
>rules described in section 4, are all in exact correspondence, but only the
>directly described model theory in sections 1- 3 should be taken as
>normative."

Some evidence that folks find the appendix useful would settle this.  I've
asked on rdf interest.

>re. issue pfps-05, I propose that we accept it and note that it is
>addressed by rule rdfs1 in section 4.2 of the editor's draft.
>
>(Jeremy, the cases you mention
>rdfs:Literal rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Resource
>rdfs:Class rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Resource
>follow from the range constraints on subClassOf, which require
>rdfs:Literal and rdfs:Class both to be of type class, then rule rdfs7a.)

jjc?

>re. issue pfps-09, I propose that we accept it and address it with the
>text in section 3.4 of the editor's draft, viz.
>"RDF provides for the use of externally defined datatypes identified by a
>particular URIref.
>Formally, let D be a set of pairs consisting of a URIref and a datatype such
>that no URIref appears twice in the set, so that D can be regarded as a
>function from a set of URIrefs to a set of datatypes: call this a datatype
>map."

Comments?

>re. issue horst-01, I propose that we accept it and address it by
>reference to the rule rdfs12 in the current editor's draft, together with
>a note that the proof of the rdfs entailment lemma will discuss issues
>arising in the subsequent email trail following this comment, with details
>to be given in a later response.

How is Herman on this?  Since his comment is on the correctness of the
entailment lemma, maybe we should have updated that before resolving it.

Brian