Re: Status of N-triples

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:49:28 +0100
Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org> wrote:

> I read:
>
> [[
>      NOTE: N-Triples is an RDF syntax intended for RDF Core WG testing
> purposes and checking RDF applications for conformance with the
> specifications. The recommended RDF exchange syntax is RDF/XML as defined
> in [RDF-SYNTAX].
> ]]
> -- http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#ntriples
>
> I also observe that N-triples is used in the syntax document definition of
> translation from RDF/XML to the abstract graph form.   Maybe this is OK, or
> maybe the above statement should be expanded slightly?

How about:

  NOTE: N-Triples is an RDF syntax intended for RDF Core WG testing
  purposes, checking RDF applications for conformance with the
  specifications and as a document notation in the definition of the
  recommended RDF exchange syntax RDF/XML as defined in [RDF-SYNTAX].

It's a bit long (1 sentence) maybe.

  NOTE: N-Triples is an RDF syntax intended for RDF Core WG testing
  purposes, checking RDF applications for conformance with the
  specifications and as a document notation for the abstract graph.
  The recommended RDF exchange syntax is  RDF/XML as defined in
  [RDF-SYNTAX].

Dave