Re: first pass parseType="Literal" text for primer

Hello Graham,

Sorry that I used the wrong word, maybe. Let me explain some
of the background for the language I have used.

The key document that proposed serious internationalization for
the Web, written by Gavin Nicol, and still available at
http://www.mind-to-mind.com/library/papers/multilingual/multilingual-www.html,
used the concept of "The WWW As A Multilingual Application"
to explain why it was important to have an overall I18N model:
On the Web (many people these days say *in* the Web), there
is no guarantee that your data will stay with your application
and not go somewhere else.

As you have showed very well below, the word 'application'
is still used for smaller, identifiable pieces of software rather
than for the whole Web. However, the idea that any Web page should
be renderable on any browser, that pieces of XML data can move around
freely, and that any RDF data can move to other places (called applications
in general usage of the term) nevertheless is the central idea of
the Web (including of course the Semantic Web).

So while I may have used the wrong words, I think my point was a
very valid one, namely that any kind of attempt at trying to look
at RDF data too much in terms of single, independent 'applications',
and trying to use this to justify design, is against the very basic
idea of the Web.

Regards,    Martin.