Re: RDF Concepts editors draft updated

Jeremy,

This doesn't cover the full extent of the WG agreement:

[[
Vocabulary terms in the rdf:  namespace are listed in  section 5.1 of the
RDF syntax specification [RDF-SYNTAX]. Some of these terms are defined by
the RDF specifications to denote specific concepts. Others have syntactic
purpose (e.g. rdf:ID is part of the RDF/XML syntax) and should not be used
in RDF to denote any kind of resource.
]]

should be

[[
Vocabulary terms in the rdf:  namespace are listed in  section 5.1 of the
RDF syntax specification [RDF-SYNTAX]. Some of these terms are defined by
the RDF specifications to denote specific concepts. Others have syntactic
purpose (e.g. rdf:ID is part of the RDF/XML syntax).
]]

i.e. delete the final part of the last sentence.

I've just realized this didn't make it to the minutes of that telecon [1],
though the revised wording was recorded in the IRC [2].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Jul/0173.html

[2] http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-07-11#T15-05-53
and agreed:
     http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-07-11#T15-07-55

At 23:04 21/07/03 +0300, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>I have done these four actions, as per the telecon minutes:
>
>I18N interest:
>JJC   add warning to Concepts 3.4 to use XML if markup required
>
>more boring:
>JJC   apply pfps-22/23 changes as agreed last week
>JJC   remove normative references to RDFS URI
>JJC   remove references to term "RDF core" in Concepts
>(mainly impacting section 4)
>

>Editors draft URI:
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/
>

>Graham, please review section 4, and if the overall text looks OK give
>peter a
>heads up to see if he is less unhappy.
>
>The text I have added to 3.4 is a normal paragraph at the end of the section
>which reads:
>[[
>For natural language text that may require markup, the use of typed literals
>with type rdf:XMLLiteral is suitable. In such cases, a language tag, if
>required, must be explicitly included within the markup, usually as the value
>of a xml:lang or lang attribute, possibly on a span or div element,
>additional to the principal content [XHTML].
>]]
>
>The informative reference to XHTML is new.
>
>Jeremy

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>