Re: RDF Concepts editors draft updated

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> I have done these four actions, as per the telecon minutes:
>
> I18N interest:
> JJC   add warning to Concepts 3.4 to use XML if markup required
>
> more boring:
> JJC   apply pfps-22/23 changes as agreed last week
> JJC   remove normative references to RDFS URI
> JJC   remove references to term "RDF core" in Concepts
> (mainly impacting section 4)
>

> Editors draft URI:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/
>

> Graham, please review section 4, and if the overall text looks OK give peter a
> heads up to see if he is less unhappy.
>
> The text I have added to 3.4 is a normal paragraph at the end of the section
> which reads:
> [[
> For natural language text that may require markup, the use of typed literals
> with type rdf:XMLLiteral is suitable.

Why is this (apparently) restricted to "natural language text that may
require markup", as opposed to something more general like "text that
contains markup"?  The point is that people who use XML as a data
exchange representation (ala SOAP messages and so on) don't necessarily
think of that XML as being "natural language text", and type
rdf:XMLLiteral is there to represent XML literals of all kinds.