RE: Type of (the denotation of) a plain literal

Apologies. I was indeed thinking in terms of entailment.

> ... I
> still think it's a question that should have a clear answer
> when the RDF
> and XML schema specs are consulted in combination.

I agree. And I see this being done as part of the discussed Note
that clarifies the relationship between RDF Datatyping and XML
Schema datatypes, this being only one of many issues that need
clarification.

I think the present RDF specs are sufficiently clear for that
other work to be done -- but if you think they still need to be
clearer, then certainly we can try to make them so.

Cheers,