RE: attempting to remove confusion RE: designating datatypes

You mean the new proposal where the URI becomes part of the MT
machinery, so that a D-interpretation takes into consideration
the URI denoting the datatype?

If so, then thanks for this additional example, as this was exactly
my point and my concern about the proposal.

If two URIrefs denote the same datatype, for whatever reason, the
MT shouldn't care. It should only care about the datatypes themselves,
not what name is used to denote them.