Re: reminder: RDF Core specs in Last Call

From: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
> >Now, I can guess that you need yet another RDF syntax like you need a
hole
> >in the head,
>
> Depends on what time frame you are thinking of.  We need to get done so a
> new syntax between now and  REC isn't on (precluded by charter).  But that
> doesn't mean we wouldn't encourage getting started.

OK

> >but the driving factor of DTD-friendliness seems to me
> >reasonable, and the opportunity of having (an) RDF directly in HTML seems
> >good for the potential adoption of RDF.
>
> :)  There have also been thoughts of a general mechanism which would allow
> folks to say "here's how to map my xml to rdf".

In general the HTML WG are fans of meta-level markup (no pun intended),
since it gives language designers and authors maximum flexibility in
language and document design, so I expect that we'd be all for it. That
still leaves the actual design (of RDF in XHTML) and it would be good to get
some agreement.

> Its a great shame Dave won't be there, but I'm strongly in favour of at
> least an informal meeting.  There isn't an RDFCore meeting - its turned
> into an semantic web architecture meeting.
>
> I'll put this on our telecon agenda for Friday.

Thanks

> >     b) Would you be willing to extend the last call deadline to after
the TP
> >week, so         we can take our discussions into account?
>
> I'd rather see this as future work than part of our current set of
> deliverables, so I don't think this need affect our last call schedule.

Roger.

Thanks!

Steven Pemberton