Re: editorial tweak to Semantics

>Argh!  I hope the Primer isn't misleading on this question, because
>I don't think your last sentence is accurate.  What I try to say is
>that rdf:ID provides a way of indicating that, in addition to
>generating the usual triple, a reification of that triple with a
>specific URIref (generated from the rdf:ID value) is to be generated
>as well.  It doesn't (I don't think) "attach a URI reference to a
>triple in an RDF/XML document".

Well, isn't that attachment done by the fact of the URI appearing in
the rdf:ID in the document in question? But OK, I could rephrase it
thus:

(In the RDF/XML syntax described in RDF/XML Syntax Specification
(Revised) [RDF-SYNTAX] the use of rdf:Id with a URI reference as
value creates a reification of the enclosed triple, with that URI
reference as the reified triple.)

Would that be better? Its more awkward but maybe more accurate.

Pat

>--Frank
>
>pat hayes wrote:
>

>>After reading Frank's Primer text,  I have changed some text in the
>>reification section 3.2.1 of Semantics from this:
>>
>>"Although RDF applications may use reification to refer to triple
>>tokens in RDF documents, the connection between the document and
>>its reification must be maintained by some means external to RDF.
>>RDF syntax provides no means to 'connect' an RDF triple to its
>>reification. "
>>
>>to this:
>>
>>"Although RDF applications may use reification to refer to triple
>>tokens in RDF documents, the connection between the document and
>>its reification must be maintained by some means external to the
>>RDF graph syntax. (The RDF/XML syntax described in RDF/XML Syntax
>>Specification (Revised) [RDF-SYNTAX] provides rdf:Id to attach a
>>URI reference to a triple in an RDF/XML document, and create the
>>corresponding reification.) "
>>
>>I hope the WG does not object to this; I think the rather sharp
>>negative was misleading.
>>
>>Pat
>>

>--
>Frank Manola                   The MITRE Corporation
>202 Burlington Road, MS A345   Bedford, MA 01730-1420
>mailto:fmanola@mitre.org       voice: 781-271-8147   FAX: 781-271-875

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell