Re: ACTION 20030425#4 [was Re: timbl-03]

At 09:20 30/04/2003 -0400, Frank Manola wrote:
>Or rather, whether this is true *in RDF* (as opposed to in OWL).  The
>point is that, as I read the Semantics document, the only semantic
>condition imposed on the collection vocabulary is that the type of rdf:nil
>must be rdf:List.  This, of course, doesn't apply to the subject of an
>rdf:first, so the inference Tim wants drawn would seem to be a semantic
>extension which might be true for OWL, but not necessarily for RDF per
>se.  It seems to me the explanation would have to cover this point in some way.

In the semantics doc, there's also:

[[
rdf:first rdfs:domain rdf:List .
rdf:rest rdfs:domain rdf:List .
]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-mt-20030117/#rdfs_interp

from which the rest flows through RDFS entailments.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>