RE: Concepts: pfps-14 Social Meaning & authority for datatypes

I agree. This is incorrect, since one may mint a URI to denote
a datatype that someone else has defined.

Perhaps we should rather replace it with a statement akin to

[[
   The defining authority of a URI which identifies an rdfs:Datatype
   asserts that it has a lexical space, value space, and datatype
   mapping compatible with that defined by this specification.
]]

Eh?